Department Head and Professor, Equine Internal Medicine
- DVM: The Ohio State University
- Internship: North Carolina State University
- Residency: The Ohio State University
- Masters of Science: The Ohio State University
- Medicine III (3rd year)
- Diagnostic Techniques in Equine Med. (4th year)
- Equine Medicine and Field Service (4th year)
- Equine respiratory disease with an emphasis on respiratory physiology, immunology,
- and aerosol drug therapy.
- Non-infectious respiratory disease (heaves).
- Investigation of pulmonary immunity and immunostimulant medications for horses.
- Completed studies identifying appropriate dosage regimens and adverse side effects of aerosol drug therapy in horses.
- Dr. Rush serves as Head of Clinical Sciences but still maintains a partial clinical appointment with an emphasis on respiratory disease.